CASTINE, Maine – The Lyndon men won their third consecutive men's cross country title at the North Atlantic Conference Cross Country Championship Meet held in snowy, frigid conditions at Maine Maritime Academy.
"Perhaps the most remarkable thing that happened today is that we had quite a few runners with personal records," said Lyndon head coach Chris Ummer. "The guys were mentally and physically prepared to compete. They were focused and did all the right things this week to get ready. Despite temperatures in the mid-30s, snow squalls and a course that was mostly covered with snow; the weather didn't appear to affect them."
The Hornets took home the team title with a score of 22, and had six of the top-eight runners in the meet. Taking home the medalist honors in the race was Maine Maritime's Matthew Methot with a time of 26:14.62. Methot earned the NAC Runner of the Year honors with the victory.
Finishing second in the race was Lyndon's Joshua Grant in a time of 26:46.35. Teammate Michael Farmer (27:18.49) placed third while Hornets' freshman Kenedi Hall placed fourth in 27:25.96 to walk off with NAC Rookie of the Year honors. Castleton's Isaac French rounded out the top-five with a time of 27:53.40.
"Our men ran their best team performance of the year," said Ummer. "To have six runners to make first-team all-conference shows they were truly dominant today - more than any other team in the past. Mike Farmer ran exceptionally well. He's been our wild card all year. He ran an outstanding race and has the potential to do so every week. Today was his day to shine."
For Lyndon, Wildens Fils placed sixth with a mark of 28:03.24, Dylan MacNevin came in seventh in 28:07.03 and Craig Johnson crossed the finish line in eighth place with a time of 28:12.82. All three received First-Team All-NAC honors along with Grant, Farmer and Hall.
With the victory, the Hornets will now advance to the NCAA Regional Meet to be held in Williamstown, Mass. on Saturday, Nov. 13. Lyndon will tune-up for the competition on Saturday, Nov. 6 when it takes part in the ECAC Championships in Bristol, R.I.
A starting time each meet has yet to be determined.
NAC Men's Cross Country Championships
Maine Maritime (67)
Johnson State (153)
Green Mountain (174)
1. Matthew Methot Maine Maritime 26:14.62
2. Joshua Grant Lyndon 26:46.35
3. Michael Farmer Lyndon 27:18.49
4. Kenedi Hall Lyndon 27:25.96
5. Isaac French Castleton 27:53.40
6. Wildens Fills Lyndon 28:03.24
7. Dylan MacNevin Lyndon 28:07.03
8. Craig Johnson Lyndon 28:12.82
9. Nohea King Castleton 28:33.07
10. Jackson Fortin Farmington 28:45.06
18. Ethan Fontneau Lyndon 29:44.55
24. Patrick Kelsey Lyndon 30:08.38
25. Joseph Lee Kill Lyndon 30:24.63
26. Michael Muccilli Lyndon 30:40.56
28. James Bielli Lyndon 30:58.02
36. Matt Carter Lyndon 31:38.44
43. Jackson Mowry Lyndon 33:35.94
45. Jeremiah Bouchard Lyndon 33:49.80
46. Jake Carlton Lyndon 33:54.88
49. Torrance Gaucher Lyndon 34:11.52