Lyndonville, VT - The Northern Vermont University-Lyndon women's cross country team defeated NVU-Johnson, 26-29, in a dual race on Thursday evening. The race served as a tuneup and training run for the Hornets, as they prepare for the NCAA Division III New England Regional Championship.
North Atlantic Conference champion and Runner of the Year Zosia Prince (Sutton, VT) cruised to the finish line first in a time of 12:46. She was followed by EmmaLee Smith (Woodsville, NH), who finished second in 13:42. Johnson's Lily Denmeade came in third in 14:13. Kelsey Jacobe (Braintree, VT), Alesha Donovan (Northwood, NH), and Isabelle Tuggle (Norwich, VT) were Lyndon's other scoring runners. Sarah Levesque (North Smithfield, RI) also competed for the Hornets.
The complete order of finish was as follows:
- Zosia Prince, NVU-Lyndon 12:46
- EmmaLee Smith, NVU-Lyndon 13:42
- Lily Denmeade, NVU-Johnson 14:13
- Julie Van Etten, NVU-Johnson 14:21
- Jaden Gray, NVU-Johnson 14:39
- Kelsey Jacobs, NVU-Lyndon 15:56
- Alesha Donovan, NVU-Lyndon 15:58
- Nikola Knapova, NVU-Johnson 16:02
- Emily Cass, NVU-Johnson 16:27
- Isabelle Tuggle, NVU-Lyndon 16:28
- Sarah Levesque, NVU-Lyndon 17:40
- Sarah Sodaro, NVU-Johnson 17:45
- Jenna Knight, NVU-Johnson 21:57
The New England Regionals will be run at Bowdoin College on November 10th. The women's race will begin at 11:00 am.